Thank you for your interest in Ju-Mui! Please find our business plan below. Feel free to ask any questions and we'd be happy to help.
Products and Services
Near term goals (3-12 months)
Long term goals (12+ months)
- Business Name: Ju-Mui Hawaiian Ice Pops
- Business Location: 723 Umi St (Kitchen)
- Mission Statement: Be the dessert of choice for locals and tourists of Hawaii to give a taste of the flavors that define our islands
- Business Type: Small-scale manufacturing and retail
- Products: Hawaiian shaved ice pops in 6 flavors - Strawberry, Vanilla, Mango, Lychee, Lilikoi, Ube
- Market: Local residents, tourists, events, fundraisers, wholesale to retailers
- Unique Selling Proposition: Jumbo size, locally made, unique flavors
- Target Market: Hawaii residents and tourists looking for a cool, nostalgic treat. Also local events, fundraisers.
- Market Trends: Hawaiian shave ice remains popular, demand for locally made products.
- Competitors: Local shave ice shops, national brands like Otter Pops. Differentiate with flavors of Hawaii and jumbo size.
- Products: Hawaiian shaved ice pops in 6 flavors made with real fruit juices. Jumbo size.
- Production: Handmaade locally in small batches. Packaged in proprietary plastic sleeves.
- Pricing: Competitive pricing based on value provided to customer. $2.39-$3 retail.
- Layout: Usage of commercial kitchen and freezer for production.
- Equipment: Proprietary filling method, commercial freezer, and delivery van.
- Labor: Primarily part time production assistants currently. Family operated.
- Seasonality: Higher sales in summer months. Adjust production accordingly.
- Future plans: Source machinery to automate filling process to scale production.
- Branding: Focus on authentic, locally-made Hawaiian flavors. Vibrant, tropical imagery.
- Sales Channels: Wholesale, online (Shopify), events, fundraisers.
- Promotions: Product sampling, social media
- Advertising: Paid ads on Facebook, Google, Yelp. UGC content on Instagram and TikTok.
- Operating Costs: $8,000/month - Rent, labor, ingredients, utilities.
- Revenue: $15k+/month in sales, trending upwards year over year
- Funding: Self funded
- Seasonality is only real risk of sales (but its always hot in Hawaii!)
- All supplies have multiple sources and do not depend on a single vendor.
- Get into additional store chains locally: ABC Stores, Foodland, Whole Foods
- Partial rebrand for tourists as ‘Shave Ice Pops’: same formula, but easier to understand for visiting customers
- Increase operations to scale outer island deliveries
- Open up kitchen in Las Vegas to tap into former resident of Hawaii market + asian foods market
- Establish major partnerships with hotels and event producers (e.g. Sundry shops, events at Waikiki shell, conventions at Hawaii Convention Center
- Expansion into other product lines
- Expansion into other states
- Major partnerships with Hawaiian airlines
- Get into national grocery chains (Walmart, Kroger’s, Trader Joe’s, etc.)
- Exclusive flavors for different partners to encourage customers to seek them out (e.g. “Find Waikiki Watermelon only at these locations!”)